Best Electric Fly Killers
I don’t know about you, but there’s nothing more annoying than having a fly buzz you as you try to cook, or wash dishes or just watch the TV…and after being buzzed by more than enough flies in my time, I have decided to share my knowledge of what works – and what doesn’t.
They’re always going to be around to bug us, make no mistake. I’ve lived in the country and in the middle of cities, and they’re just the same wherever you go. It doesn’t matter if you live next to a cow farm or next to city hall (hmmm, some might draw unfair conclusions from those samples!), those flies have a knack of knowing just how to annoy us the most!
And the solutions available to us aren’t always winners are they? Sprays often leave us choking and opening the windows (to let in more flies), while those plastic fly swats often just break after a couple of swats or result in us knocking over cups and plates and other crockery, while we wait in hunt mode for the next buzzzzz from wherever it might come… I tried them all. And frustration meant I went that little bit further and investigated the ultimate tool for exterminating those pesky flies – the electric fly killer.
|Product||Grid Power||Coverage Area||Dimension||Weight||Our Rating||Buying Option|
|Flymatic Professional Insect Fly Killer Bug Zapper||30W||100 sqm||49 x 31.3 x 9cm||2.83 kg||Buy on Amazon
|Aspectek Professional Electronic Indoor Insect Killer||20W||100 sqm||38 x 28 x 8cm||1.4 kg||Buy on Amazon|
|Vermatik 30W Electric Fly Killer ||30W||100 sqm||52 x 33 x 10cm||3.4 kg||Buy on Amazon|
|Eazyzap Commercial Fly Killer ||16W||80 sqm||34 x x 8.6cm||2.36 kg||Buy on Amazon
|Megazap PRO30 30w Professional Fly Killer||30W||100 sqm||48.5 x 31 x 10cm||3.6 kg||Buy on Amazon|
What is an Electric Fly Killer
Electric Fly Killer is a device that offers a great help in the elimination of flies, mosquitoes, wasps, hornets and other insects. They use long wavelength ultraviolet lights to attract flies and kill them by electrocution. Electric Fly Killers can be used both indoors and outdoors. There are many electric fly killer available to buy, many brands, many features. If you need an electric fly killer, then you should consider some points:
- Area to be protected: It must take into account the size of the area to be protected. All electric fly killers are designed to protect a particular area. Some can reach an area of 32 square meters while others protect up to 400-500 square meters.
- Energy consumption: Another aspect to consider is the amount of energy consumed by electric fly killer. An electric fly killer is an object that will be turned on for a long time, so check the specifications of the box of your electric fly killer with regard to energy savings. Some products promise 30-70% savings on energy usage. The protection is important but saving electricity is important too.
Bulbs: Number of bulbs an electric flyer can contain and its power is important as it enables you to use the light trap with the better efficiency.
- Portability: You should buy device that is light in weight and compact in size. So you can easily carry from one place to another.
- Eco-Friendly: Most electric fly killers today are manufactured to standards that value the environment. They are designed not to destroy the environment by not emitting pollution, smoke, odor or any type of insecticide that can affect the nature.
- Ease of Use: The majority of electric fly killers are designed to be used right out of the box. You only have to follow the instructions that accompany them. It will be easy.
- Maintenance: Is it is easy to clean? Most products have an easy maintenance, should not be a problem.
How do electric fly killer work?
The way electronic insect control devices work is really simple: the device gives off ultraviolet (UV) light which attracts a variety of insects. This is because insects often see ultraviolet light far better than other types of light; further, ultraviolet light creates a sort of flower-like pattern which is also highly attractive to them.
Next to the UV light are mesh grids (made of wire) which gives off high-voltage electricity. When insects come into contact with those grids while flying to the UV light, the electronic current runs through them, killing them instantly. Using an fly killer is the most effective way to stop the flies and other insects in your home or property, however note that some measures may help to prevent flying insects from entering:
- Never leave food around, exposed to air.
- Clean up spills, crumbs and leftovers.
- Be careful with the food of your pet, do not leave the plate exposed to air for too long.
- Use mosquito screens, especially during summer